3.01.2011

a sad goodbye

i write today with a heavy heart.
on february 27, a plane crashed shortly after taking off from al ain international airport, just east of abu dhabi. all four men on board were killed. among them was landon studer and his best friend josh hucklebridge. the studer family has been apart of my life for a very long time. landon's younger siblings danaye and claysn have been my friends for years, and their entire family has always treated me with great love and respect.

the studer family is made up of people that have lived, traveled, and seen as much as most people only dream. they are all adventurers and have an obsession with air travel as a means of seeing the world. landon accomplished true greatness at a young age and was loved dearly by so many. he leaves behind his wife and their 2 year old son, landon.

studer family, i know you are overcome with grief and words cannot express my sympathy and sadness. landon was an amazing man and his memory will never die. da vinci famously said,

"when once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been,
and there you will always long to return."

all my love to the studers.
landon, you will be greatly missed.

**i intended to put up pictures in this post, but was slightly humored to realize that almost all my pictures with the studers are from before digital cameras, and are thus sitting in boxes back in texas. time amazes me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so glad I stumbled on your blog and I will have to comment on a different post to tell you that I like it. I had no idea this happened. That is incredibly sad!

    ReplyDelete